The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Bocce End of Season Overview

Bocce concluded their season on Saturday, Jan. 27 in the Divisional Championship held at B-CC.
B-CCs+Nathan+Lopilato+bowls+against+Whitman+in+Divisionals+
B-CC’s Nathan Lopilato bowls against Whitman in Divisionals

Bocce concluded their season on Saturday, Jan. 27 in the Divisional Championship held at B-CC. Unfortunately, their postseason was short-lived, with Wootton defeating the Barons in the second round of the Divisional Championship , ending their State Championship hopes. 

Throughout the season, the Barons faced adversity with weather-induced makeup games and losses by tiny margins. Despite these setbacks, the team achieved multiple wins and a valiant playoff run.

During the regular season, B-CC Bocce had a record of two wins and three losses, with wins against Walter Johnson and Walt Whitman and losses to Churchill, Richard Montgomery, and Wootton. Junior Evan Kessler said, “Win or lose, the season was very fun.”

While many players, including Seniors Nathan Lopilato and Benet Duch Clerici, will graduate this year, the team’s future is in bright hands. This season’s team predominantly consisted of juniors, meaning next year the team will have a strong senior core to help them achieve their goal and hopefully bring home a trophy for B-CC.