The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Track and Field Race Recap

On Feb. 5, B-CC Track and Field competed in the West Region Championships at the Prince George’s Sport and Learning Complex. 
B-CCs+Colin+McKelvey+beats+the+competition+in+relay+
Lorenzo Loaiza
B-CC’s Colin McKelvey beats the competition in relay

Junior Tytan Hinkson led the way for the boys team, as he placed second in the Men’s Varsity 500-meter race. Senior Colin McKelvey followed just behind ,placing fourth in the same event. Hinkson, Sophomore Lorenzo Loaiza, McKelvey, and Senior Teddy Wieder then combined to place sixth in the Men’s Varsity 4×400 relay. Junior Zachary Thomas continued the team’s winning streak, as he placed fourth in Mens Varsity Shot Put. Sophomore Olatotajowa Gbadebo placed fifth in Men’s Varsity High Jump, and Junior Seamus McCann finished the day strong with a second place finish in Men’s Varsity Pole Vault.

Following his races, Hinkson said, “I’ve had injuries throughout the season, not being able to train a lot, but I was still out there everyday putting in what I had to the sport and it’s almost paid off.”

Boys Track and Field combined to place sixth with a total of 33 points. 

Girls Track and Field showed a strong performance, as well. Junior Ani Bailin led the way, placing second in the Women’s Varsity 3200-meter. Junior Sophie Harjes followed with a fifth place finish in the Women’s Varsity 3200-meter. The girls continued to show out as Junior Layla McBerry, Senior Lily Capizzi, Junior Danielle Krinn, and Junior Amelia Menefee placed sixth in the Women’s Varsity 4×400 relay. Bailin, Harjes, Menefee, and Senior Morgan Kirsch finished off the day with a bang, as they combined to place second in the Women’s Varsity 4×800. 

Overall, the girls combined to finish in 11th place, with a total of 27 points.

Following his success in the competition Hinkson said, “This success means something, but not a lot. [The] job’s not finished.”

The Barons will compete next on Tuesday, Feb. 20 in the Indoor State Championships. Here, they will look to clinch a spot in the Nike Indoor Nationals which take place from March 8th to the 10th at the Nike Track and Field Center in New York.