The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Ice Hockey Takes Down Churchill Varsity 2

The Barons Ice Hockey team destroyed Winston Churchill High School Varsity 2 in the first round of the playoffs last Friday, February 2nd, at Rockville Ice Arena.
Jonah Peters
Senior Alex Elias takes control of the puck

Barons Ice Hockey destroyed Winston Churchill High School Varsity 2 in the first round of the playoffs last Friday, Feb. 2, at Rockville Ice Arena. The Barons controlled the tempo of the entire game, winning by 15-1.

Churchill 2 came out hot with an early goal. This awoke something in the Barons, and they dominated the rest of the game with 15 straight, unanswered goals. Senior Colin Eccles scored the first goal, assisted by Sophomore Peter Lanpher and Senior Matthew Duffy. Duffy scored the second goal of the period, assisted by Eccles. Senior Aleksandr Talty then scored an unassisted goal for B-CC. Senior Danny Loughlin scored the 4th goal of the period for the Barons, assisted by Eccles. Talty scored another unassisted goal for his second goal of the period. Senior Francesco Guinand scored the 6th goal of the period, assisted by Freshman Leo Alley-Strocher and Sophomore Kiran Maltby. The first period came to an end with Sophomore Henry Swann’s goal, assisted by Senior Alex Elias. B-CC led at the end of the first period by a score of 7-1.

B-CC stayed in charge in the second period with an early unassisted goal by Eccles for his second of the game. Sophomore Brady Page then scored, assisted by Sophomores Grady Jiggens and Maltby. Junior Evan Williams scored an unassisted goal of his own. With only 26 seconds left in the second period, Eccles scored his third goal of the game, assisted by Senior Sebastian Harrison, which earned Eccles a hat trick. The second period ended with B-CC leading 11-1.

Alley-Strocher opened the scoring for B-CC in the third, with a goal assisted by Maltby and Loughlin. Jiggens scored an unassisted goal, followed by Talty, who scored his third goal of the game for a hat trick. With 55 seconds left in the game, Senior John Bruun scored unassisted to put the nail in the coffin for Churchill 2. When the final whistle blew, the Barons won by a whopping score of 15-1.

Of their big win last Friday, Talty said, “We overpowered them with our sick dangles.”

The Barons take on Wootton High School in the second round of the playoffs tonight, Feb. 9 at 10:00 p.m. at Cabin John Ice Rink.