The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Boys Basketball Beats Walter Johnson

The Barons faced off against one of their biggest rivals, Walter Johnson High School last Friday, Feb. 2, and won.
Jude Wilkenfeld
Senior Carson Griffey shoots the ball

The Barons faced off against one of their biggest rivals, Walter Johnson High School last Friday, Feb. 2, and won. The team traveled into enemy territory and silenced the crowd from the beginning, putting up nine points before Walter Johnson could score one. Junior Guard Alistair Benjo said, “A big part of [early success in the game] comes from executing on offense and making sure to dial in.”

The trend continued in the second half, with the Barons maintaining a 20-point lead for most of the game. Keeping their foot on the gas in the fourth quarter, B-CC held the Wildcats in check to win by a score of 66-47. Junior Forward Simon Ndikumana led all scorers, putting up 17 points.

Boys Basketball takes on an excellent Wootton High School team tonight, Feb. 9, at home at 7:15 p.m. The last matchup against Wootton was close at the beginning, going back and forth in a tight one-possession game up until halftime. Towards the end of the third and into the fourth quarter, the Patriots pulled away to win by twelve. 

The Barons are going in on a week’s rest and looking for revenge, after their late-game stumble in the first matchup.

Senior Night is next Tuesday, Feb. 13, during the last home game of the regular season. Both Girls and Boys Basketball will celebrate their seniors in between games against Winston Churchill High School. The girls play at 5:30 p.m., and the Senior Ceremony immediately follows the game. After the ceremony, the boys team will play.