La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Bocce’s Playoff Run

On Saturday, Jan. 27, B-CC Bocce began their postseason in the Divisional Championship hosted at B-CC.
B-CCs+Devin+Hammond+bowls+in+a+hard-fought+loss+against+Wootton.+
B-CC’s Devin Hammond bowls in a hard-fought loss against Wootton.

On Saturday, Jan. 27, B-CC Bocce began their postseason in the Divisional Championship hosted at B-CC. The Barons concluded their regular season with a record of two wins and three losses, with wins against Walter Johnson and Whitman and losses to Richard Montgomery, Wootton, and Winston Churchill High Schools. 

The Divisional Championship was formatted as a single elimination tournament in which the two teams would play for 45 minutes and the team with the most points would advance.

In the first round, the Barons came out hot, blowing out Whitman 12-3 for the second time this season. In the second round, Wootton defeated B-CC 12-2, ending their season. B-CC played in a third-place match to Richard Montgomery but lost a nail-biter at the buzzer. 

Unfortunately, B-CC did not qualify for the County Championship this weekend, but Senior Nathan Lopilato said, “While we did not win much, we had a lot of fun and even started new traditions like the Paper Plate Awards!” 

The Bocce team also celebrated Senior Night during the playoff, as it was the seniors’ last-ever high school match. Senior Benet Duch Clerici reflected on his time on the team. He said, “Being part of the team was so fun! I made a lot of memories, and I am sad to leave.”