La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Girls Basktball’s Undefeated Season Ends Against Clarksburg

The game came down to the last second, but B-CC fell short to Clarksburg by a score of 53-49.
Junior Frances Doyle blocks a shot against Clarksburg

8-2 Clarksburg came to town on Tuesday night, Jan. 23, for a tough fight against B-CC at the Palace. The two powerhouses battled it out and put on a show for the packed crowd. The game came down to the last second, but B-CC fell short to Clarksburg by a score of 53-49. Junior Frances Doyle led the team with 16 points but it was not enough for the Barons to catch the Coyotes. Senior Captain Riley Peterson expressed, “The loss was definitely hard for us, because we know our potential and hold ourselves to such high standards.”

Even with the loss, it is only the first for the Barons, and they have a long season to play. The Barons travel to Quince Orchard Friday night, Jan. 26, in hopes of getting back to their winning ways.

The team’s loss on Tuesday comes after a perfect 10-0 start to the year. B-CC took on the Wheaton Knights at home on Monday night, Jan. 19, when they made quick work of their opponents, beating them by 70 points in a win that took little effort for B-CC. Freshman Brooke Doukouris led the team with 15 points shooting 54% from the field. B-CC took the match with a score of 81-11.