John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Girls Basktball’s Undefeated Season Ends Against Clarksburg

The game came down to the last second, but B-CC fell short to Clarksburg by a score of 53-49.
Junior Frances Doyle blocks a shot against Clarksburg

8-2 Clarksburg came to town on Tuesday night, Jan. 23, for a tough fight against B-CC at the Palace. The two powerhouses battled it out and put on a show for the packed crowd. The game came down to the last second, but B-CC fell short to Clarksburg by a score of 53-49. Junior Frances Doyle led the team with 16 points but it was not enough for the Barons to catch the Coyotes. Senior Captain Riley Peterson expressed, “The loss was definitely hard for us, because we know our potential and hold ourselves to such high standards.”

Even with the loss, it is only the first for the Barons, and they have a long season to play. The Barons travel to Quince Orchard Friday night, Jan. 26, in hopes of getting back to their winning ways.

The team’s loss on Tuesday comes after a perfect 10-0 start to the year. B-CC took on the Wheaton Knights at home on Monday night, Jan. 19, when they made quick work of their opponents, beating them by 70 points in a win that took little effort for B-CC. Freshman Brooke Doukouris led the team with 15 points shooting 54% from the field. B-CC took the match with a score of 81-11.