John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Track and Field Starts the Season Off Hot

Both the Boys and Girls Cross Country teams dominated the track at their first meet of the indoor season on Tuesday, Dec. 5 at Winston Churchill High School. Each team won their respective division.
Junior+Cherian+Mampilly+runs+the+relay.+The+indoor+track+meet+was+held+outside+due+to+construction+on+the+indoor+track.+
Lorenzo Loaiza
Junior Cherian Mampilly runs the relay. The indoor track meet was held outside due to construction on the indoor track.

Both the Boys and Girls Cross Country teams dominated the track at their first meet of the indoor season on Tuesday, Dec. 5 at Winston Churchill High School. Each team won their respective division. The girls put up 304.5 points as a team, and the boys hit 316.5, beating their second place competition by 153 and 150 points, respectively.

Junior Amelia Menefee won the 500-meter race, and she crushed the 4×800 relay alongside Juniors Ani Bailn, Sophie Harjes, Morgan Kirsch. 

The boys also dominated in the 55-meter dash. Junior Najee Ankoma-Sey placed first, and Juniors Gabriel Simon, Cherian Mampilly, Lawson Bracey, and Paolo Mantasas killed the competition in the 4X800 relay.

After the race, Simon said, “It feels great to start the season out hot like this. We just want to run to our full potential every time we go out there.”

The Barons look to keep lighting up the track at their next meet on Tuesday, Dec. 19, in the MCPS Polar Bear #2 at Churchill.