The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Track and Field Starts the Season Off Hot

Both the Boys and Girls Cross Country teams dominated the track at their first meet of the indoor season on Tuesday, Dec. 5 at Winston Churchill High School. Each team won their respective division.
Junior+Cherian+Mampilly+runs+the+relay.+The+indoor+track+meet+was+held+outside+due+to+construction+on+the+indoor+track.+
Lorenzo Loaiza
Junior Cherian Mampilly runs the relay. The indoor track meet was held outside due to construction on the indoor track.

Both the Boys and Girls Cross Country teams dominated the track at their first meet of the indoor season on Tuesday, Dec. 5 at Winston Churchill High School. Each team won their respective division. The girls put up 304.5 points as a team, and the boys hit 316.5, beating their second place competition by 153 and 150 points, respectively.

Junior Amelia Menefee won the 500-meter race, and she crushed the 4×800 relay alongside Juniors Ani Bailn, Sophie Harjes, Morgan Kirsch. 

The boys also dominated in the 55-meter dash. Junior Najee Ankoma-Sey placed first, and Juniors Gabriel Simon, Cherian Mampilly, Lawson Bracey, and Paolo Mantasas killed the competition in the 4X800 relay.

After the race, Simon said, “It feels great to start the season out hot like this. We just want to run to our full potential every time we go out there.”

The Barons look to keep lighting up the track at their next meet on Tuesday, Dec. 19, in the MCPS Polar Bear #2 at Churchill.