The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Rons Skate Past Whitman

In a heated rivalry game, the Barons Ice Hockey team faced Walt Whitman High School on Friday, Dec. 1, at Rockville Ice Arena. B-CC jumped out to an early lead and did not let up, winning the match by a score of 6-3.
Jonah Peters
Barons defeated Whitman rivals on Dec. 1.

The Barons started off the first period strong by scoring three straight unanswered power-play goals. Sophomore Henry Swann scored the first, assisted by Sophomore Brady Page. Senior Aleksandr Talty netted the next goal unassisted. Senior Danny Loughlin scored the third and final goal of the first period, assisted by Seniors Collin Eccles and Matthew Duffy. The first period came to a close with B-CC leading 3-0.

Whitman started off the second period strong with a goal that brought them within two points of B-CC. Talty scored a second goal during another power play, assisted by Duffy and Senior Sebastian Harrison. The second period came to an end with B-CC leading by a score of 4-1. 

The Barons kept adding to their lead with an early goal from Duffy, assisted by Eccles. Junior Evan Williams scored a minute later, assisted by Loughlin adding to B-CC’s lead. Whitman then scored two straight of their own, but it was not enough, and the third period ended with B-CC winning 6-3.

When asked about the effect of beating a rival like Whitman on the team, Senior Aleksandr Talty said, “It gives us more confidence in our play going into the second half of the season.”

The Barons look to keep their win streak going on Friday, Dec. 8th, against Winston Churchill High School at Rockville Ice Arena.