B-CC Recieves Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way

On Wednesday, B-CC received the 2023-2024 PLTW Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national recognition of student...

B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes
B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized...

Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.
Girls' Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls' tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair. On...

Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for...

Schedule for the week of May 6th to May 10th
MCAP Testing Set to Take Place Next Week

The Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP) is set to take place at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School during the week of May 6th to May...

B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024
B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024

On Monday, April 29, four delegations from B-CC Model United Nations attended the Global Classrooms D.C. Model United Nations conference. The...

Courtesy of Lauren Rich
Girls Lacrosse Regular Season Finale

Girls’ Lacrosse hosts its season finale tonight against Thomas S. Wootton High School, where seniors will be celebrated during a ceremony before...

Bocce is Back in Business

“Our goal as a team is to go to states and get better as a team.”
Last year’s Bocce team meets with Coach Marc Lawrence.

With winter sports around the corner, The B-CC CoEd Bocce team is getting back in form. Last season, the Barons went 3-2, beating Seneca Valley, Whitman, and Walter Johnson and placing fourth in the County Championship.

This year, the team has set their sights even higher. Junior Oliver Feinson said, “Our goal…is to go to States…” While the Bocce schedule and roster are not yet set, Coach Lawrence already has the team practicing twice a week in preparation for their upcoming games. 

Unlike many of the sports played at B-CC, the rules of Bocce are unfamiliar to many. In preparation for this year’s season, an introduction to the basics for spectators is essential. Bocce is played with eight large balls and one smaller target, or object ball, called a pallina. Two teams of four players throw the balls as close as they can to the pallina. The game begins with a coin toss, with the winning team deciding whether they want to roll the pallina or give that responsibility to the other team. All balls must be thrown underhanded with the option to roll or bounce the ball towards the target. Players score points, after all balls are thrown. The team with the closest ball to the pallina is the only team that can score for that round. The scoring team receives one point for each of their balls that are closer to the pallino than the other team’s closest ball.