John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Barons Hockey Crushes Upper Montgomery

B-CC dominated Upper Montgomery for all three periods, demolishing them with a final score of 7-2.
Jonah Peters
Barons Hockey swarms Senior Colin Eccles after he scores on Upper Montgomery.

Barons Hockey faced Upper Montgomery on Friday, Nov. 3 at Rockville Ice Arena and dominated for all three periods, demolishing their opponent with a final score of 7-2.

The Barons came out of the gate strong with two straight goals from Junior Evan Williams, with Senior Aleksandr Talty assisting on the first. The first period ended with B-CC leading 2-0.

B-CC kept their momentum going with two more unanswered goals in the second period. Sophomore Grady Jiggens scored assisted by Sophomore Peter Lanpher and Senior Collin Eccles. Senior Matthew Duffy scored the second goal unassisted. The second period ended with B-CC leading 4-0. 

Duffy kept the goal-scoring going in the third period with an early goal assisted by Eccles and Jiggens. Eccles then scored one of his own, assisted by Lanpher and Senior Sebastian Harrison. Duffy then scored his third goal of the night for a hat trick, assisted by Talty and Eccles. Duffy said, “I felt good for myself, obviously, but I was happy I could produce for the team. As the captain and a senior, I feel like I have to step up for the team both on and off the ice.” Upper Montgomery then scored two straight goals of their own in garbage time to end the match with a final score of B-CC 7, Upper Montgomery 2.