Poll

How Do You Feel About The Proposed Graduation Location?

image

Sorry, there was an error loading this poll.

The Boys Basketball team celebrate their impressive, season-opening win.
Season Opening Win for Boys Basketball
December 8, 2023

Barons breezed by Rockville High School this past Tuesday, Dec. 5, opening the season with a convincing score of 81-39. The boys started out...

B-CC Wrestling Team watches the match from the bench.
B-CC Wrestling Wins 78-0
December 8, 2023

The B-CC wrestling team had a strong start to the season, with a 78-0 demolition win at Wheaton High School in a dual meet. Every B-CC wrestler...

Senior Abigail Geyer shakes hands with Maryland Governor, Wes Moore, while visiting the State House as a member of B-CCs Chamber Singers.
Chamber Chorus Sings at State House
December 8, 2023

B-CC Chamber Singers singers performed at the Governor's Mansion in Annapolis for the State Staff Holiday Party on Thursday, Dec. 7. Their 50-minute...

The movies Elvis and Priscilla provide viewers with different viewpoints on the controversial couple.
Movie Review: Elvis vs Priscilla
December 8, 2023

In the realm of biographical films, the depiction of iconic figures often varies, shedding light on different facets of their lives. The cinematic...

Swim and Dive have many more opportunities this season to come out on top.
Barons Swim and Dive Drop Season Opener to Walter Johnson
December 8, 2023

On Dec. 2nd. B-CC Swim and Dive took a loss on their first meet of the season, despite all their hard work. Although the result was a loss,...

Barons defeated Whitman rivals on Dec. 1.
Rons Skate Past Whitman
December 8, 2023

In a heated rivalry game, the Barons Ice Hockey team faced Walt Whitman High School on Friday, Dec. 1, at Rockville Ice Arena. B-CC jumped out...

Several students noticed an increased police presence in the parking lot and in the hallways on Friday morning.
Increased Police Presence Due to Tip of Possible Weapon on Campus
December 8, 2023

On Dec. 8, MCPS was alerted through the Safe Schools Maryland tip line of a possible threat against B-CC High School by a student with a weapon....

B-CC Hockey Loses to Walter Johnson

The Barons took on Walter Johnson High School (WJ) on Oct. 27, at Rockville Ice Arena.
Jonah Peters

After three hard-fought periods, B-CC eventually fell to WJ with a final score of 6-4. 

WJ started the game strong with two straight goals in the first period to obtain an early 2-0 lead. The Barons bounced back with two straight goals of their own to tie the game. The first B-CC goal was scored by Senior Danny Loughlin, and assisted by Seniors John Bruun and Collin Eccles. The next goal came from Eccles, who was assisted by Senior Matthew Duffy. WJ then scored to end the first period up 3-2. 

In the second period, Senior Aleksandr Talty scored an unassisted goal to tie the game at 3-3. WJ then quickly scored again to end the second period leading with a score of 4-3.

WJ jumped out to an even greater lead by scoring two straight goals in the 3rd period to bring the score up to 6-3. In the final minutes of the game, Bruun scored, assisted by Talty and Duffy. The final score was 6-4, WJ. When asked about what B-CC needs to do differently against Upper Montgomery, Senior Aleksandr Talty said, “We need to work more like a team and stay more composed.”

B-CC looks to bounce back on Friday, Nov. 3, against Upper Montgomery at Rockville Ice Arena.