La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Girls Soccer Lose Battle of Bethesda

The Barons fell to 6-3 with two losses this week, including a heartbreaking loss in the Battle of Bethesda against Walt Whitman.

Girls Soccer fell to 6-3 with two losses this week, including a heartbreaking loss in the Battle of Bethesda against Walt Whitman High School on October 9. 

After a phenomenal week for the Barons, beating rivals Walter Johnson and Winston Churchill, B-CC looked to continue their success against rival Walt Whitman. Barons were ranked ninth in the state by the Washington Post when they entered the week and looked like a team to fear throughout all of Maryland. Yet their biggest task was still ahead of them against rival high school Walt Whitman, who entered the Guck with a record of 6-1.

The Barons were ready for a great matchup with the Vikings, but disaster struck. During warm-ups, junior goalie Frances Doyle tore a ligament in her hand. Doyle fought the pain away and stayed in goal for B-CC.  The game started off with little to no scoring chances as both defenses shut the other out at the half. Ultimately, the Baron’s defense didn’t hold, and in the final minutes of the game, Whitman capitalized with a game-sealing goal. Whitman reclaimed the Battle of Bethesda with a 1-0 score and secured the trophy back to the Viking’s kingdom. Despite the loss, Senior Kate Campbell shared, “Whitman was a hard game, but we need to keep our hopes up. We need to keep working these next few weeks, so we can beat them in playoffs.”

After a tough loss to the Vikings, B-CC hoped to get back into the win column against Blair on October 11. However, problems arose for the Barons, as both goalies for the team were out due to injury which left non-goalie, Senior Amanda Ridore to step up to the challenge. The Barons fell to Blair with a score of 3-2 as B-CC finished the week with a record of 6-3.

With the season coming to an end, the Barons hope to bounce back against John F. Kennedy high school today, Friday, Oct. 13. With a rough week behind them, B-CC is out to prove something to the state about how good they truly are.