Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Taylor Takeover: A New Era

“I think their relationship is not a publicity stunt, and it’s just a coincidence that they’re both very famous people.”

When her fans hear the name Taylor Swift, smiles spread across their faces, as they passionately sing the lyrics to songs from every album she has produced in the past 17 years. The whole world seems to adore Taylor Swift and her Eras World Tour, which has become a global phenomenon.

Conversely, just a few months ago, the name Travis Kelce would not have sparked up many conversations unrelated to his involvement on the Kansas City Chiefs football team. However, after rumors of a romantic relationship between Kelce and Swift broke the Internet, that was no longer the case. Since then, their names have gone hand in hand, with one name not said without mentioning the other. Despite being one of the NFL’s best-paid players, some say that Kelc’s public association with Taylor Swift has boosted his career, prompting some speculation that their relationship may not be genuine. B-CC students have mixed opinions.

Senior Gila Bloch said, “I think their relationship is not a publicity stunt, and it’s just a coincidence that they’re both very famous people.” Bloch is a big Swift supporter and believes that her new relationship with Kelce has unleashed a whole new level of popularity and fame for herself and the Chiefs tight end. “Taylor Swift fans can be very extreme and invested, so he definitely has a sudden surge of interest surrounding him,” Bloch said and stressed that the media is using this relationship to unify and appeal to football fans and Swifties (Swift’s fans). She anticipates that attendance at the Chiefs games will now increase, as they present new opportunities for fans to connect with Swift. 

Conversely, there are thousands of fans worldwide who would argue that Taylor would never date an NFL player, as the type doesn’t match her vibe. Senior Sydney Zimmerman said, “I don’t know what you’re talking about, because that relationship is fake and completely a publicity stunt.” Zimmerman noted Swift songs from her past that explicitly state she would not date a boy on the football team, let alone the NFL “I just think that she’s so much better than this, but I hope the best for them in the future,” Zimmerman concluded. 

Despite all the contrasting opinions on Swift’s new relationship with Kelce, there are some B-CC students who do not invest much interest at all into this relationship. “At the end of the day, they are just strangers to the majority of the world, so it’s not worth caring about,” commented Junior Jared Morton.

No matter their opinion of Swift and Kelce’s relationship gone public, Barons agree on wishing them well, as the new couple journeys into a new Era of their lives together.