Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

The Tattler’s Homecoming Proposal Power Rankings

Barons impress with Homecoming proposals
Clockwise from top left: Bennett Galper and Katherine Jones, Teddy Mottur and Roxy Thompson, Nick Kreidler and Zoe Kessner, Jimmy Barnard and Anna Bussolo, and Alistar Benjo and Nina Hohlt.

An impressive array of 2023 Homecoming proposals marked the season, both within our halls and beyond. This fall, B-CC students went above and beyond, hitting home runs with their creative approaches. Let’s take a closer look at the standout proposals:

1. A Festive Flashmob (Nick Kreidler and Zoe Kessner)

Seniors Nick Kreidler and Zoe Kessner’s proposal was nothing short of extraordinary, reflecting hours of meticulous planning and dedication. Kreidler displayed sheer sporting genius in his approach, ensuring a resounding “yes” even before the proposal commenced. He and the B-CC Moves dance group worked together to perform a flash mob “Fire Burning” by Sean Kingston. After joining the flashmob and dancing with Kreidler, Kessner quickly said, “Yes,” and explained “I definitely didn’t expect it… but it was so sweet and so much fun.” 

1. Foxy For Roxy (Roxy Thompson and Teddy Mottur)

Junior Teddy Mottur devised an A+ Homecoming proposal, guaranteeing success. He took a bold risk by timing his move after Junior Roxy Thompson’s field hockey team victory, but Mottur’s gamble paid off. With his teammates there to cheer him on, Thompson said, “Yes.” She noted, “I felt super happy and appreciative, because it meant a lot to me,” leading Mottur to earn a well-deserved spot on this list.

1. No Crowd Needed (Anna Bussolo and Jimmy Barnard)

Seniors Jimmy Barnard and Anna Bussolo made history with their official Homecoming plans. Barnard’s impeccable game plan, orchestrated by his coaching staff, involved a simple yet effective approach: knocking on Anna’s door with only “Yes” as an option. This clear and confident proposal demonstrated that a strong game plan is pivotal for a successful Hoco-posal. Barnard graciously acknowledged his head coach, Senior Jacobo Lopez, for his ability to read the situation and call the perfect play.

1. Bethesda Row Bid (Alistar Benjo and Nina Hohlt)

Junior Alistar Benjo’s meticulous preparation and determination paid off when he dribbled his way to Bethesda Row and secured a Homecoming date with Junior Nina Hohlt. Benjo’s attention to detail and prior knowledge of Hohlt’s interest in rowing played a pivotal role in sealing the deal, showcasing his class and dedication. With the help of a few of his teammates, he was able to create an artistic poster, that said, “Let’s Row to Hoco!” Hohlt couldn’t refuse. 

1. Newsworthy Couple Hits Dance Floor (Bennett Galper and Katherine Jones)

During Advanced Journalism, Tattler, Class, Senior Editor-in-Chief Bennett Galper ingeniously employed distraction tactics to surprise his proposee, making her believe it was a regular class presentation. With the assistance of veteran distractor Brooke Silver, Bennett smoothly transitioned into his proposal, securing a date with Senior Editor-in-Chief Katherine Jones. His performance was quickly recognized as one of the best of the year, and rightly so. The Tattler’s Instagram was so compelled by Bennett’s performance that it referred to the couple as “Tattler Mom and Dad” while highlighting the play.

These remarkable Homecoming proposals in 2023 showcased creativity, dedication, and strategic planning, making it a memorable year. 

The Homecoming football game is Friday, September 22nd at 7:00 PM, and the theme is a whiteout. The Homecoming Dance is Saturday the 23rd of September, from 6:00 to 9:00 PM.