Goal! The Barons Dominate the Rockets

“We need to make sure we don’t get overconfident going into the next few games”

The B-CC boys and girls soccer teams started off the season strong this week, with both teams defeating Richard Montgomery.

On Tuesday night at home, the girls team steamrolled RM with a huge 6-0 win. Senior Logan Tongberg scored four goals, Senior Sara Ullman scored one, and Sophomore Alina Rodriguez scored another. After the game, Senior Kate Campbell shared, “It’s extremely exciting especially after losses in the playoffs to RM in the past.” The girls play their next game away at Quince Orchard on Saturday, and even after the big win, they are making sure to keep working after. Senior Anna Lane warned, “We need to make sure we don’t get overconfident going into the next few games.”

On another note, the boys team began conference play with a bang, edging out RM 1-0 in double overtime Wednesday night. The goal was scored by Junior Sebastian Rodriguez  with an assist from Senior Sergio Gomez. Post game, Rodriguez commented, “It’s an unmatched feeling [to score a goal in that situation]. Following the close win, Senior Theo Yonly, one of this year’s captions, commented, “We got big things coming. The team looks good if we can get goals and keep playing like we’re playing.” The boys continue their quest for a title on Friday night at home against Quince Orchard.