Gun Piece Found in B-CC Student’s Backpack

According to Ms. Adamson, a police investigation is underway and the gun piece is in the hands of the police. 

Bennett Galper, News Section Director

A loaded “five round speed loader that came out of a revolver pistol” was found in a B-CC student’s backpack on March 22, according to acting Principal Ms. Vickie Adamson.  Upon finding the bullets in their backpack, the student self-reported the discovery to administrator Ms. Rizkallah. 

According to Ms. Adamson, the student who found the gun piece was “shocked and upset that it was in their backpack.” After the administration heard about the finding, the police were immediately called. According to Ms. Adamson, a police investigation is underway and the gun piece is in the hands of the police. 

The administration held an optional meeting for teachers on March 23 to inform them about the situation and how it was handled. At the meeting, teachers were told that while the investigation is ongoing, the police have determined that there is no active threat toward the student or the community.

A similar event took place at the beginning of the year when a singular bullet was found in the bleachers of the gym. This discovery was followed up with a community message from the administration saying that the police were investigating the situation, and that the bullet is in the hands of the police.