Pep Rally and Spirit Week Kick Off Spring Season

“I felt a great sense of community while sitting with my friends and classmates together at the rally,”

Aida Humphries, staff

The B-CC administration and SGA teamed up to kick off the spring sports season with a spirit week and a pep rally. All throughout the week, students came to school dressed according to the daily theme. Students were seen sporting themes ranging from all denim to pajamas.  At the end of the week, students packed into the stands of the gym to watch a student vs. staff basketball game and student performances.

Students express how having spirit week brings more school pride to our community and eases the stressful environment of B-CC. “It is inclusive of every student and makes coming to school more fun,” said sophomore Ariam Yishak.

After the first half of the basketball game, the student team came out on top, beating the teachers by five points (22-17). During half time, B-CC Moves and B-CC Majorettes – both of which are dance groups – performed.

During the second half of the basketball game, the students dominated once again, finishing with a score of 45-20. Following the game was a musical number from the Mean Girls cast, and more dance performances from B-CC Poms and the Step team. 

“I felt a great sense of community while sitting with my friends and classmates together at the rally,” said sophomore Leo Strauss.