La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

SGA Applications are Upon Us

Applications for next year’s SGA positions will open on March 19.
Jonah Peters
Members of the class of 2024 SGA pose during the fall pep rally.

“On March 19, all of the [SGA] positions will be released, and prospective candidates can start to apply.  All information will be available in students emails,” said B-CC Schoolwide SGA President Ella Raymond. All B-CC students are encouraged to submit an application and run for an SGA position.

The SGA is the Student Government Association that gives students a say in what goes on at their school. Elected members have the ability to participate in decision making on behalf of their peers and to develop their leadership skills. Raymond said, “Being in SGA is a great way to get involved and seek positive change within your school. If you are interested in leadership on student politics, it’s also a great introduction into that.” 

B-CC class of 2024 Vice President Kate Campbell also encouraged people to apply. “I would definitely recommend people apply to be a part of SGA. I’ve really enjoyed getting to make a difference at my school, and I think it’s taught me some really valuable lessons.”

SGA serves an important role as the student voice in administrative decisions including graduation, school dances, and spirit events. Notably, this year’s Schoolwide SGA advocated and successfully put on the Winter Dance for all students, marking the start of a new tradition.

The deadline for applications will be on April 5. All those interested in partaking in SGA next year should be sure to get their applications in on time.