Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

SGA Applications are Upon Us

Applications for next year’s SGA positions will open on March 19.
Jonah Peters
Members of the class of 2024 SGA pose during the fall pep rally.

“On March 19, all of the [SGA] positions will be released, and prospective candidates can start to apply.  All information will be available in students emails,” said B-CC Schoolwide SGA President Ella Raymond. All B-CC students are encouraged to submit an application and run for an SGA position.

The SGA is the Student Government Association that gives students a say in what goes on at their school. Elected members have the ability to participate in decision making on behalf of their peers and to develop their leadership skills. Raymond said, “Being in SGA is a great way to get involved and seek positive change within your school. If you are interested in leadership on student politics, it’s also a great introduction into that.” 

B-CC class of 2024 Vice President Kate Campbell also encouraged people to apply. “I would definitely recommend people apply to be a part of SGA. I’ve really enjoyed getting to make a difference at my school, and I think it’s taught me some really valuable lessons.”

SGA serves an important role as the student voice in administrative decisions including graduation, school dances, and spirit events. Notably, this year’s Schoolwide SGA advocated and successfully put on the Winter Dance for all students, marking the start of a new tradition.

The deadline for applications will be on April 5. All those interested in partaking in SGA next year should be sure to get their applications in on time.