La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School

Typically, students from the Stephen Knolls School come to B-CC to meet with their Baron buddies, but on Wednesday, February 21st, BCC students made the trip to Silver Spring to hang out with their buddies.
Frances Doyle
Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their buddies, who are enrolled in the Special Education Program at the Stephen Knolls School. Students from the Stephen Knolls School typically visit B-CC around once a month, but this time, Barons made the trip and worked alongside their partners to paint and create color wheels. To conclude the trip, B-CC students took a tour of the school.

Senior Elianne Bober, leader of Best Buddies, said, “During the field trip, we saw the physical therapy room, which we hadn’t seen before. It had lots of equipment to help the Stephen Knolls students learn how to stand and walk. We also got to go to the school store, where the students sell different food products to learn about money management and gain work experience.” Bober added, “Some of my favorite things in the school are the greenhouse, where they grow many different kinds of plants, and the pool, where students do aquatic therapy about once a week.” Bober recommends that students join Best Buddies, sponsored by English teacher Ms. Charles, as the club provides the opportunity for students to learn a lot about themselves and others through interaction with peers who have intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDDs). “Our club has an extremely welcoming and inclusive community that is especially unique at B-CC.” Best Buddies is guaranteed to be a fulfilling experience that will enable you to make a positive impact in your community,” Bober said.