El arte de Aitana Gaudenzi en la exposición de arte B-CC
Una artista destacada: Aitana Gaudenzi

Durante la semana del 19 de abril y 29 de abril, B-CC presentó una galería de arte, una presentación de las obras que crearon los estudiantes...

B-CC Recieves Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way

On Wednesday, B-CC received the 2023-2024 PLTW Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national recognition of student...

B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes
B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized...

Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.
Girls' Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls' tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair. On...

Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for...

Schedule for the week of May 6th to May 10th
MCAP Testing Set to Take Place Next Week

The Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP) is set to take place at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School during the week of May 6th to May...

B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024
B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024

On Monday, April 29, four delegations from B-CC Model United Nations attended the Global Classrooms D.C. Model United Nations conference. The...

How Are Students Really Feeling About Semester Two?

As of Jan. 30, the B-CC community switched to their second-semester schedules.
Jonny Harron

As of Jan. 30, the B-CC community switched to their second-semester schedules. The Tattler surveyed 245 students across all grades to assess their feelings about the change. The data implied that the vast majority of students feel they aren’t as social or friendly with their new classmates. Only 22% percent of students like their new classmates better, while 35% of students think their new classmates are worse. Whether getting to know new teachers, or attending classes in different subjects with potentially heavier workloads, this big adjustment can substantially affect students and teachers, sometimes negatively. 

B-CC Freshman Amelia Morton complained, “The hardest part of adjusting to the new semester is building new relationships with my teachers, and so far I miss my first semester teachers a lot.” The data reveals that nearly a quarter of B-CC students feel the same way about their second-semester teachers. 24% of students feel that their new teachers are worse than their first semester teachers, although a near identical number (23%) believe that their teachers are better. Over half of students (51%) do not feel that this semester’s teachers are any better or worse.

When looking at the data as a whole on the semester changes, according to the three survey questions, more students had a negative view of their second semester courses than those who felt they were better. The switch in classmates was their primary disappointment. Sophomore Noah Keeley said,” Not knowing a lot of people and having new teachers has made me very stressed about how the new semester is going to go.” While the change has been difficult for some students, others remain hopeful for what the new semester has to hold. Sophomore Jerónimo Castaño stated, “At first it was hard. I didn’t know anyone in my classes but the deeper we get into the semester, the more I’m getting used to my classes, and I’m starting to enjoy them, I have lots of hope for this new semester.”

View Comments (1)