The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Valentine’s Day – Best or Worst Holiday?

Valentine’s Day comes with lots of pressure, whether you are in a relationship or not. But in reality it is meant to be a day to show the people you love how much they mean to you.
Jude Wilkenfeld
Valentine’s Day, Bop or Flop?

Chocolate hearts, teddy bears, and roses fill every store in preparation for Cupid’s holiday, Valentine’s Day. For Barons in love, this is a long-awaited occasion, a day to celebrate that love. On the other hand, for some Barons this is an unfriendly reminder of what they wish they had.

Love is in the air, and couples are finalizing their plans for Valentine’s Day. Senior Ruby Barone said, “Me and my boyfriend are planning to go out to dinner together.”

Even if you are single this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t join in on the festivities. Junior Fernando Castro, said, “It’s a day to celebrate all the people in your life that you love.” A popular way to do this is to take part in a Gal-entine’s Day. This gives you the chance to spend time with your friends and celebrate having them in your life. Castro said “It’s a fun reason to dress up in red, take photos, talk, and enjoy ourselves.”

For other Barons, this is a dreaded time of year. Many students think the only way to enjoy this holiday is if they have someone special to enjoy it with. Junior Karenna Seltman said, “What’s the point of the holiday if you can’t celebrate it with someone that you love?” On the other hand, Junior Lucy Stone said, “I like seeing all the cute things couples do for each other.”

Some people think Valentine’s Day has changed for the worse. Junior Zach Meisel misses what this holiday was like when he was younger. He said, “Valentine’s Day used to be so much better in elementary school, walking into school with all your candy grams and then walking out with cards and candy from everyone in the class. Now it’s just all about couples.” 

Valentine’s Day comes with lots of pressure whether you are in a relationship or not. But in reality it is meant to be a day to show the people you love how much they mean to you. So buy some candy, write a card, and tell the people in your life that you love them.