John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Valentine’s Day – Best or Worst Holiday?

Valentine’s Day comes with lots of pressure, whether you are in a relationship or not. But in reality it is meant to be a day to show the people you love how much they mean to you.
Jude Wilkenfeld
Valentine’s Day, Bop or Flop?

Chocolate hearts, teddy bears, and roses fill every store in preparation for Cupid’s holiday, Valentine’s Day. For Barons in love, this is a long-awaited occasion, a day to celebrate that love. On the other hand, for some Barons this is an unfriendly reminder of what they wish they had.

Love is in the air, and couples are finalizing their plans for Valentine’s Day. Senior Ruby Barone said, “Me and my boyfriend are planning to go out to dinner together.”

Even if you are single this year, that doesn’t mean you can’t join in on the festivities. Junior Fernando Castro, said, “It’s a day to celebrate all the people in your life that you love.” A popular way to do this is to take part in a Gal-entine’s Day. This gives you the chance to spend time with your friends and celebrate having them in your life. Castro said “It’s a fun reason to dress up in red, take photos, talk, and enjoy ourselves.”

For other Barons, this is a dreaded time of year. Many students think the only way to enjoy this holiday is if they have someone special to enjoy it with. Junior Karenna Seltman said, “What’s the point of the holiday if you can’t celebrate it with someone that you love?” On the other hand, Junior Lucy Stone said, “I like seeing all the cute things couples do for each other.”

Some people think Valentine’s Day has changed for the worse. Junior Zach Meisel misses what this holiday was like when he was younger. He said, “Valentine’s Day used to be so much better in elementary school, walking into school with all your candy grams and then walking out with cards and candy from everyone in the class. Now it’s just all about couples.” 

Valentine’s Day comes with lots of pressure whether you are in a relationship or not. But in reality it is meant to be a day to show the people you love how much they mean to you. So buy some candy, write a card, and tell the people in your life that you love them.