The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You…

These are the movies you need to see during winter break.
The+Landmark+Theatre+on+Bethesda+Row+is+just+one+cinema+screening+the+latest+movies+this+holiday+season.+
The Landmark Theatre on Bethesda Row is just one cinema screening the latest movies this holiday season.

It is currently shivering-cold outside in the winds of a jawingly cold Bethesda winter, and you are on a hunt for an indoor activity. You wish you were in a candy factory, warmed by the sweet and sugary smell of chocolate and lollipops, surrounded by a wonderland of eye-catching colors and endearing sweets. Although the chances of ending up in the warmth of a candy factory are next to zero, what if there was a way you could be transported there in seconds? Good news, there is a way. Whether you want to wind up surrounded by sugar, involved in the 1950s rock n’ roll scene, or stuck in boarding school, these are the movies you need to see during winter break to travel far and wide (while staying warm) in theaters near you.

As we all know, there is one candy land above all others: Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. The original Willy Wonka hit theaters in 1971, but many remakes later, Wonka has been remade with a modern twist and comes out on Dec. 15. Timothee Chalamet will take the screen in the infamous role of Willy Wonka. Hit the concession stand in advance to buy some of Wonka’s Everlasting Gobstoppers to round out the experience.

If that film does not call your name, Jacob Elordi stars in three movies that are currently in theaters: Saltburn, Priscilla, and The Sweet East. Saltburn, an MGM film, is a thriller-comedy, released on Nov. 17. It portrays the story of a young boy trying to fit in with a new family. Priscilla, which explores Priscilla Presley’s life with Elvis Presley came out on Oct. 27, starring Elordi and Caliee Spaeny. The Sweet East was most recently released on Dec. 1st and is both a coming-of-age movie and a satire about American subcultures. The Sweet East follows the story of a girl who experiences a new adventure in her life on her way to Washington D.C. 

If your hands are cold as the temperature continues to drop, put your gloves on and warm up in the ring. The Iron Claw, a wrestling/boxing movie, starring Zac Efron, Jeremy Allen White, and Maxwell Jacob Friedman, comes out Dec. 22. This is a historical film set in the 1980s that takes viewers on a journey through the intensely competitive wrestling world. 

Next in the lineup is Teddy’s Christmas, a movie that hit theaters on Dec. 1. It is the perfect film for sending you back to the past to re-experience fond memories of childhood during the holidays, as it features a teddy bear searching for its heart in a small Christmas town. On the contrary, Napoleon might be more your speed, if find educational films entertaining, and enjoy the prospect of being a fly on the wall with the historically powerful. A look at The French Revolution, Napoleon, released on Nov. 22.

However, if the crisp smell of burning firewood in the large halls of a New England Boarding school entices you, The Holdovers, set in the holiday season of 1970-1971 is the movie for you. This movie follows a Scrooge-like school teacher spending his winter break with his students, who have nowhere to go for the holidays. Although it came out in theaters on Oct. 27, this touching film, starring Paul Giamatti, is perfect for holiday fun.

On a cold, snowy day, sometimes going to the movies is the best way to stay warm and entertained. With this spectacular line-up, there is something (and somewhere) for everyone.