Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Coming Soon to a Theater Near You…

These are the movies you need to see during winter break.
The+Landmark+Theatre+on+Bethesda+Row+is+just+one+cinema+screening+the+latest+movies+this+holiday+season.+
The Landmark Theatre on Bethesda Row is just one cinema screening the latest movies this holiday season.

It is currently shivering-cold outside in the winds of a jawingly cold Bethesda winter, and you are on a hunt for an indoor activity. You wish you were in a candy factory, warmed by the sweet and sugary smell of chocolate and lollipops, surrounded by a wonderland of eye-catching colors and endearing sweets. Although the chances of ending up in the warmth of a candy factory are next to zero, what if there was a way you could be transported there in seconds? Good news, there is a way. Whether you want to wind up surrounded by sugar, involved in the 1950s rock n’ roll scene, or stuck in boarding school, these are the movies you need to see during winter break to travel far and wide (while staying warm) in theaters near you.

As we all know, there is one candy land above all others: Willy Wonka’s chocolate factory. The original Willy Wonka hit theaters in 1971, but many remakes later, Wonka has been remade with a modern twist and comes out on Dec. 15. Timothee Chalamet will take the screen in the infamous role of Willy Wonka. Hit the concession stand in advance to buy some of Wonka’s Everlasting Gobstoppers to round out the experience.

If that film does not call your name, Jacob Elordi stars in three movies that are currently in theaters: Saltburn, Priscilla, and The Sweet East. Saltburn, an MGM film, is a thriller-comedy, released on Nov. 17. It portrays the story of a young boy trying to fit in with a new family. Priscilla, which explores Priscilla Presley’s life with Elvis Presley came out on Oct. 27, starring Elordi and Caliee Spaeny. The Sweet East was most recently released on Dec. 1st and is both a coming-of-age movie and a satire about American subcultures. The Sweet East follows the story of a girl who experiences a new adventure in her life on her way to Washington D.C. 

If your hands are cold as the temperature continues to drop, put your gloves on and warm up in the ring. The Iron Claw, a wrestling/boxing movie, starring Zac Efron, Jeremy Allen White, and Maxwell Jacob Friedman, comes out Dec. 22. This is a historical film set in the 1980s that takes viewers on a journey through the intensely competitive wrestling world. 

Next in the lineup is Teddy’s Christmas, a movie that hit theaters on Dec. 1. It is the perfect film for sending you back to the past to re-experience fond memories of childhood during the holidays, as it features a teddy bear searching for its heart in a small Christmas town. On the contrary, Napoleon might be more your speed, if find educational films entertaining, and enjoy the prospect of being a fly on the wall with the historically powerful. A look at The French Revolution, Napoleon, released on Nov. 22.

However, if the crisp smell of burning firewood in the large halls of a New England Boarding school entices you, The Holdovers, set in the holiday season of 1970-1971 is the movie for you. This movie follows a Scrooge-like school teacher spending his winter break with his students, who have nowhere to go for the holidays. Although it came out in theaters on Oct. 27, this touching film, starring Paul Giamatti, is perfect for holiday fun.

On a cold, snowy day, sometimes going to the movies is the best way to stay warm and entertained. With this spectacular line-up, there is something (and somewhere) for everyone.