Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

What Your Spotify Wrapped Says About You

According to Spotify, some of the top 10 most listened-to artists include Taylor Swift, Drake, Bad Bunny, SZA, and Lana Del Rey. Let’s dive deeper into what these top artists say about you.
What does your Wrapped say about you?

The time has finally come. Barons have spent all year carefully curating their musical taste to have it reflected back to them in a fun highlight reel, Spotify Wrapped. Students have a variety of musical tastes, but some artists have especially left their mark. According to Spotify, the top 10 most-played artists include Taylor Swift, Drake, Bad Bunny, SZA, and Lana Del Rey. 

Here is what these top artists say about you:

1. Taylor Swift – If your top artist is Taylor Swift, you associate each season with one of her albums or eras. You are either a casual listener or a hardcore Swiftie; there is no in-between. You probably have had a failed situation-ship this year and coped by listening to “All Too Well, 10-minute Version.” You are a kind soul, but if you are in the top 0.1% of listeners, you fought “The Great War” trying to get tickets for the Eras Tour.
  2. Drake – If your top artist is Drake, you like to have a good social life, but that does not stop you from the grind. You have a habit of going for someone that is not good for you, but that is okay, because you got on rose-colored glasses like a certified lover boy. Just try not to get played this time. You either will not stop talking about Drake, or you vow you only listen to underground music and pretend that you have no clue how he made it as your #1 artist. If you are a part of the top 0.1%, you tend to ruin your relationships with others so you can better relate to his lyrics.                                                                                                         
  3. Bad Bunny – If your top artist is Bad Bunny, you are for sure the life of the party. You have to drag your friends out of their beds after the pre-going out nap turns into, “Do I want to go out at all?” You harass your friends for aux at parties so you can play more Latin dance music. If you are non-Latino, you likely mindlessly bop to his music even though you can’t understand him and the 0.1% of fans may preach to you that he’s not only an artist but also an activist. You have spent your last few weeks begging for change on the side of the road after buying his concert tickets, and you probably hate Kendall Jenner for jealousies that you won’t admit to yourself.
  4. SZA – If your top artist is SZA, you have had a pretty rough year. You tried to get into dating. However, you most likely always end up crawling back to your ex, and we all know how that does not solve any of your issues. You might be a little insecure on the inside, but you have no problem with faking it til you make it. If you are one of SZA’s top 0.1% of listeners, you are really into astrology and use the fact that “Mercury was in retrograde” to justify everything wrong in your life. But do not fret, because your stars are aligning and you are back on the rise!                                                                                                                
  5. Lana Del Rey – If your top artist is Lana Del Rey, you are a self-identified “girl’s girl,” but go completely head-over-heels when in the presence of a possible scheme. You have some problems that should probably be checked out by a therapist, and no, her music does not count as therapy. You are either enthralled in the TikTok “coquette aesthetic” (aka pink bows and delusions) or are into the dark, grunge vibe of the “Ultraviolence” album. If your favorite song by Lana is something like “Video Games,” or “Young and Beautiful,” watch out because the top 0.1% may attack you for not knowing her nameless unreleased tracks found in the depths of the dark web.