The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Revive, Relax, and Rejoice: B-CC’s Wellness Week

“The intent is to focus on the mental health and well being of students and ensure students have access to the resources and support they need.”
Courtesy of BCC SGA
B-CC Minds Matter and Schoolwide SGA will co-host a Wellness Week and Spirit Week, starting on Oct. 30.

B-CC will host a Wellness Week from Oct. 30th to Nov. 3rd, sponsored by B-CC Minds Matter and B-CC SGA. 

According to B-CC Schoolwide SGA, “The intent is to focus on the mental health and well being of students and ensure students have access to the resources and support they need.” The B-CC Minds Matter club added, “Our wellness week is during MCPS’s Mental Health Awareness Week, when students can earn SSL hours for watching videos on mental health and attending the in-person student mental health forum.” 

Each day of the week entails wellness activities. Monday is Mindful Monday and a mindful moment will be held in first period. Team Up Tuesday follows with therapy dogs and the Student Resources Fair in the lobby. There is no school on Wednesday, but the MCPS Mental Health Fair at Richard Montgomery will stream on MCPS TV from 6 p.m. to 8 p.m. Thoughtful Thursday will  task students with writing letters of gratitude to a staff member, family member, or friend during second period. On Fun Friday the therapy dogs will return to the lobby again. 

Additionally, students can participate in daily lunch time activities, such as sidewalk chalk outside the main lobby, lawn games on the concourse, and bubbles, snacks, and wellness resources in the lobby. 

Spirit Week coincides with Wellness Week. Students can show their spirit by dressing in comfy clothes on Monday and in costumes on Tuesday. After the break on Wednesday, Thursday is hat day, and Friday is for wacky outfits. 

Reach out to @bccmindsmatter on Instagram or text @bcc-omm to 81010 for SMS updates to participate in planning future events.