John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Fights Break Out After First Football Game

“There was a kid running around flashing a gun at people”
A+police+car+at+the+scene+of+the+fight+
A police car at the scene of the fight

A series of violent altercations among students following the B-CC vs Walter Johnson football game Friday left at least one student hospitalized and many others injured. 

Video of the fight that quickly circulated the B-CC community revealed students were punched, slapped, kicked, and stomped. Multiple students were on the ground attempting to protect themselves while others were kicking them. “There was a kid running around flashing a gun at people,” said a B-CC student present at the fight who wished to remain anonymous. 

In a joint statement released by B-CC and Walter Johnson Principals, the acts were described as “dangerous, illegal, and completely inappropriate.” The principals explained that the Montgomery County Police Department was immediately engaged and is currently conducting a full investigation. 

Bethesda parents, students, and staff members are particularly disturbed by the nature of these altercations. “People even went as far as taking other students’ shoes and forcing them to walk home barefoot,” the anonymous student told Tattler staff.  “They kept the shoes and posted photos on their social media of them wearing them after the fight,” they continued. 

Montgomery County superintendent released a statement Wednesday evening outlining the new precautions that would be taken to “strengthen safety at all football games.” The plan included measures such as limiting spectator capacity to 75%, altering game times to provide more daylight, and assigning MCPD officers in identified areas of concern where students may gather after the games.