La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Asynchronous Learning Day

April 22 will be an asynchronous learning day in order to make-up a third snow day. 
B-CC+will+be+empty+on+April+22%2C+but+learning+will+%28theoretically%29+continue+at+home+
B-CC will be empty on April 22, but learning will (theoretically) continue at home

Teachers will assign work for students to take home and complete independently. Classes will not hold Zoom calls or any other sort of live instruction, but attendance will be taken based on the students’ completed work. 

Ms. Baker, a statistics teacher at B-CC, said, “I appreciate the make-up day being asynchronous, because the students do not lose a day of learning, however we are not required to physically come into the school.”

Classes will follow a two-hour delay schedule, and teachers will assign the lessons on Canvas for students to access. 

Senior Vaughn Garcia said, “I am really happy that I don’t have to get up out of bed and come to school, and that I can just do my work at home and at my own pace and leisure.”

Senior Josselyn Castellanos shared a different opinion. She said, “it is unnecessary, because any work we do on this day, we could have completed in one of our already scheduled school days.”