La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

SAT Day

On March 19, B-CC administered a SAT for juniors during the school day.
B-CC administered a free SAT on Tuesday, March 19.
Sourced from the College Board

On March 19, B-CC administered a free SAT for all juniors during the school day. B-CC allotted four hours out of the school day for students to take the test. This year was the first time the test was administered online, marking a huge change for the future of the test, along with all other standardized testing.

Junior Sebastian Borde said, “I was super stressed out about it because of how important it is, but when I got there it wasn’t so bad. My studying paid off, because I think my test went well overall.” 

Along with being online, the new SAT comes with other major changes. The digital SAT is adaptive, meaning that as you do better on your questions, the test will increase in difficulty. Junior Julian Pinard took both the old paper SAT, as well as the new digital SAT. “It didn’t really feel that different, but the paper test felt easier because it wasn’t adaptive. The digital one got super hard in the second section, but overall, they were pretty similar.”   

Many colleges have gone test-optional in recent years, meaning applicants no longer are required to show their SAT scores during the admission process. Although this takes some of the pressure off of the SAT, the test can still have an impact on the chances of college hopefuls. It appears the new digital SAT is here to stay.