La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Track Star, Ani Bailin

Since she was in the seventh grade, B-CC Junior Ani Bailin knew that she wanted to pursue track and field.
Ani+Bailin+runs+in+an+MCPS+county+meet.+
Lorenzo Loaiza
Ani Bailin runs in an MCPS county meet.

Since she was in the seventh grade, B-CC Junior Ani Bailin knew that she wanted to pursue track and field. And in just three years of competing for the Barons, she has already left an everlasting mark on the program for generations to come.

Despite running recreationally for years, Bailin began to train and run competitively as a freshman. Ever since then, she has taken running incredibly seriously, “running about 40 to 45 miles a week, and strength training two to three days a week.”

Her accomplishments have not gone unnoticed, as The Washington Post awarded her an honorable mention as one of the top female runners in the DC Metro area.

When asked about her accomplishments, she explained “success means a lot to me, and it’s nice to see [my hard work] finally paying off.”

Bailin will compete in her final competition of the season for Indoor Track and Field this weekend from Friday, March 8 – Sunday, March 10. She will compete for B-CC next year, and plans to pursue a running career at the collegiate level.