Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Track Star, Ani Bailin

Since she was in the seventh grade, B-CC Junior Ani Bailin knew that she wanted to pursue track and field.
Ani+Bailin+runs+in+an+MCPS+county+meet.+
Lorenzo Loaiza
Ani Bailin runs in an MCPS county meet.

Since she was in the seventh grade, B-CC Junior Ani Bailin knew that she wanted to pursue track and field. And in just three years of competing for the Barons, she has already left an everlasting mark on the program for generations to come.

Despite running recreationally for years, Bailin began to train and run competitively as a freshman. Ever since then, she has taken running incredibly seriously, “running about 40 to 45 miles a week, and strength training two to three days a week.”

Her accomplishments have not gone unnoticed, as The Washington Post awarded her an honorable mention as one of the top female runners in the DC Metro area.

When asked about her accomplishments, she explained “success means a lot to me, and it’s nice to see [my hard work] finally paying off.”

Bailin will compete in her final competition of the season for Indoor Track and Field this weekend from Friday, March 8 – Sunday, March 10. She will compete for B-CC next year, and plans to pursue a running career at the collegiate level.