La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Shriver Aquatic Center to Close June of 2024

The construction is expected to last for two years, and the center will undergo extensive, external remodeling and internal renovations. BCCs swim and dive has been utilizing this facility.
The home of B-CC Swim and Dive is closing temporarily

The Kennedy Shriver Aquatic Center, located at 5900 Executive Blvd in Rockville, will close on June 28, 2024 for renovations. The construction is expected to last for two years, and the center will undergo extensive, external remodeling and internal renovations. B-CCs swim and dive has long utilized this facility, however in the 2024-2025 season, they will be the first team to transfer their activities to the Germantown Indoor Swim Center, located at 18000 Central Park Cir, Boyds, MD 20841.

Captain of the Varsity Swim and Dive team, Junior Audrey Gee, is sad to leave her home pool. “I’ve been KSAC (Kennedy Shriver Aquatic Center) on and off for nearly a decade, and I can’t describe the excitement of thinking about our last practice and moments at KSAC as seniors. But, unfortunately, we will never get that closure because of the renovations.”Audrey added, “My teammates and I are devastated we are having to leave KSAC prematurely, and it feels like this goodbye and life event is being taken away. However, I must admit the locker rooms and pool need a clean up.”

The Germantown Indoor Swim Center is located 30 minutes away from B-CC, fifteen minutes further than the Kennedy Shriver Center, raising potential concerns about transportation. Although grateful for the opportunity to still have a pool, Sophomore Ellie Seiler said, “The abrupt change and distance is stressing me out for future generations…Kids won’t have the easy access of metroing all the way to Germantown, and it will be hard to fit everyone for carpooling. Plus gas money adds up.”