The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

New Grading Policies at B-CC

Effective Jan. 30, MCPS has instituted a new grading policy.
New MCPS grading policies take effect on Jan. 30

Effective Jan. 30, MCPS has instituted a new grading policy. The policy has removed the two-way communication requirement between teachers and parents or guardians, before assigning a zero. Teachers may now score student assignments with a zero, after they have offered “support and intervention” and documented communication with a student’s parents or guardians to inform them of the missing all-task assignment. The change shortens the steps between a student missing an assignment and their receiving a zero. The policy potentially could impact second semester grades for students who have thus far benefited from the 50% rule, which required teachers to give students scores no lower than half credit for missing assignments, except in rare circumstances.

Additionally, this new policy takes away the upper limit for the number of assignments necessary for each grading category and replaces it with a minimum number of assignments: nine All-Task assignments and five Practice/Prep assignments per marking period. Another new requirement states that teachers must indicate assignments that can be retaken by designating them with “R” within their grade book.