B-CC Students Attend March for Israel in DC

On Nov. 14, the March for Israel took place on the National Mall in Washington D.C. The event attracted hundreds of thousands who expressed support for the people of Israel. It marked the largest rally of Jewish individuals and those who are in solidarity with them in modern history.
Jonah Peters
B-CC students rallied to show support for the Israeli people and to call for the release of hostages.

Many B-CC students were in attendance, including Senior Sydney Seiler, who shared her experience. “People from all over held up paper signs saying, ‘[This place] stands with Israel.’ There were signs from Cleveland, Boston, Atlanta, Canada, and New Jersey, among a few.” 

Junior Mattie Weiss, another B-CC student, added to this sentiment, “My aunt bussed in from New York City to attend; people came from all over the country.”

The event, organized by the Jewish Federations of North America, gained widespread support. Through their official Twitter account, the Federation publicized their message, “March for Israel. March to free hostages. March against antisemitism.” 

Senior Darci Rochkind, President of the B-CC Jewish Student Union (JSU), went to the protest accompanied by several members from JSUs around the county. Rochkind expressed, “The Jewish community is resilient, even in the most difficult times.”

Seiler added, “It felt so incredible to be surrounded by so many Jews in one place. I haven’t been surrounded by this many Jewish people since I visited Israel last year.”