The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

B-CC Prom Moved from Fillmore to Pinstripes

B-CC Prom venue has been moved from the Fillmore and will now take place May 10th. 
The Knot

B-CC’s Prom venue has been moved from the Fillmore to Pinstripes, and will now take place May 10th. 

Around 16 months ago, B-CC signed an agreement with the Fillmore to hold the 2024 prom. The contract was then reviewed by the MCPS Office of General Counsel who determined that there were issues with several parts of the contract, and despite negotiations, the county and the Fillmore were not able to come to a mutual agreement.

Over the course of the past few months, B-CC SGA and administration have worked hand-in-hand to secure a new location.  

To decide, Dr. Mooney stated, “I met with parent leadership and student leadership to discuss priorities.” Things like date, location, and venue size were all major factors. According to Dr. Mooney, “the location change impacted the date, and in order to determine a new location we have to ask ourselves how close [or] far people are willing to drive.” 

Class of 2024 president, Ryan Maged, expressed his excitement about the new location, “It is in a great location, in an area close and similar to our Bethesda community. It has lots of space and is not just a big room with speakers.” 

Pinstripes is perhaps best known for being a bowling alley but also hosts a variety of events and includes a restaurant with a wide range of food selections. Maged ensures, “that many B-CC students have previously enjoyed this venue for celebrations and gatherings,” and he “attended a couple of bar-mitzvahs and birthday parties [at Pinstripes] when [he] was in middle school.”

With the new venue comes a new date. Prom will now be held on May 10th. Maged advised students to look on the bright side, “​​While we recognize the fact that May 10th falls in the middle of exam season, it really is our best option.”

Dr. Mooney looks forward to student reactions, “It will be interesting to hear feedback from students. The new venue has really great benefits that students will like.”