John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

B-CC Prom Moved from Fillmore to Pinstripes

B-CC Prom venue has been moved from the Fillmore and will now take place May 10th. 
The Knot

B-CC’s Prom venue has been moved from the Fillmore to Pinstripes, and will now take place May 10th. 

Around 16 months ago, B-CC signed an agreement with the Fillmore to hold the 2024 prom. The contract was then reviewed by the MCPS Office of General Counsel who determined that there were issues with several parts of the contract, and despite negotiations, the county and the Fillmore were not able to come to a mutual agreement.

Over the course of the past few months, B-CC SGA and administration have worked hand-in-hand to secure a new location.  

To decide, Dr. Mooney stated, “I met with parent leadership and student leadership to discuss priorities.” Things like date, location, and venue size were all major factors. According to Dr. Mooney, “the location change impacted the date, and in order to determine a new location we have to ask ourselves how close [or] far people are willing to drive.” 

Class of 2024 president, Ryan Maged, expressed his excitement about the new location, “It is in a great location, in an area close and similar to our Bethesda community. It has lots of space and is not just a big room with speakers.” 

Pinstripes is perhaps best known for being a bowling alley but also hosts a variety of events and includes a restaurant with a wide range of food selections. Maged ensures, “that many B-CC students have previously enjoyed this venue for celebrations and gatherings,” and he “attended a couple of bar-mitzvahs and birthday parties [at Pinstripes] when [he] was in middle school.”

With the new venue comes a new date. Prom will now be held on May 10th. Maged advised students to look on the bright side, “​​While we recognize the fact that May 10th falls in the middle of exam season, it really is our best option.”

Dr. Mooney looks forward to student reactions, “It will be interesting to hear feedback from students. The new venue has really great benefits that students will like.”