John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

Walter Johnson High School Sheltered in Place This Morning, Days After MCPS Sees Three Bomb Threats in Rapid Succession

Staff Photographer
Student footage of SWAT van arriving on campus amid bomb threats

The Tattler received news of a shelter in place at Walter Johnson High School around 11 am this morning for undisclosed threats in the area. The reason for the shelter in place has not yet been disclosed.

Montgomery County Public Schools have faced three incidents of bomb threats over two days. The first threat took place on May 16 at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School. Then, on May 17, the second and third instances occurred at Walt Whitman High School and Bethesda Elementary School respectively. It is worth noting that these three schools are located within a three-mile radius of each other.

Fortunately, all threats have been deemed unfounded, and the safety of the schools was not compromised. At this time, the police have not disclosed any information regarding whether or not they believe the incidents are related. However, they are actively investigating the matter to ensure the safety and security of the schools and the community.

Whitman Freshman Anna Daly shared, “Our principal came over the loudspeaker, and at first I thought it was a drill, but when we went outside I realized it was more serious and even more so when the police came.” Many students had similar experiences. B-CC Sophomore Sasha Ingber added, “I wasn’t worried about the the lockdown until my phone was blowing up with my friends sending me pictures of the police officers with huge guns entering the building. That’s when I started to get really scared.”