John and Jane Parents 1 v. Montgomery County Board of Education: Parents Challenge School Support Plans for Trans Students
June 14, 2024

On May 20, 2024, the Supreme Court of the United States denied a Maryland parents’ petition that challenged school support plans for trans...

Track and Field season comes to an end.
Track and Field: Road to Nationals
June 12, 2024

Though the school year is winding down, Track and Field is not. They attended the MPSSAA 4A Track and Field State Championships from May 21 through...

Lockdowns are becoming increasingly common country-wide.
Life in Lockdown
June 12, 2024

With lockdowns becoming increasingly more common around the country, the chilling reality of these incidents has recently hit close to home for...

Rivalries at BCC.
The Importance of Rivalries
June 11, 2024

For better or for worse, rivalries are a huge part of the game for B-CC athletic teams. Not only do rivalries promote school spirit and motivate...

Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
Pitcher of the Year: Henry Eichner
June 11, 2024

Henry Eichner took home the Division 1 Pitcher of the Year award to cap off an incredible junior season. Eichner led B-CC’s elite pitching...

Varsity Girls Basketball took the court at the State Championship.
A Year in Review of Baron Sports
June 11, 2024

Athletic Director Mr. Krawczel is pleased with the results of the school’s athletes this year. Looking back on 2023-2024, though, he was less...

Check out drive-in movies across the DMV
Coming To a Field Near You...
June 7, 2024

With summer kicking off, students wonder what they should do with their friends. Between pool days and going to museums in DC, a fun and unique...

UPDATED B-CC Held in Lockdown Due to Threats of Weapons on Campus

Staff Photographer
Student footage of SWAT van arriving on campus amid bomb threats

Via Dubraska Vale on B-CC Parent ListServ, MCPS reports the police found no threats. Students and staff are now sheltering in place and a reunification plan will be shared soon.

Early in the lunch period, around 11:30 am, B-CC students and staff were placed in a lockdown due to threats of a rifle and pipe bombs, according to @DCRealTimeNews10 on X. Students were in a lunch period at the initial time of lockdown. Students who were out for lunch were informed by Remind not to return to school. Administrators are working on a list of all students still present in the building.

According to MCPS, parents are being asked to go to the Lynbrook Center at 8001 Lynbrook Dr. Bethesda MD 20814.  Administrator Ms. Shapiro warned parents and students to not come back to B-CC at this time, as they will not be allowed on campus via Remind. Administrator Ms. Rizkallah via Remind said, “B-CC remains under a lockdown as MCPS continues to investigate.”

At this time AP and IB exams have both been cancelled for this afternoon.