Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers.
Jude Wilkenfeld

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for the Barons as Kennedy jumped out to a nine-run lead by the third inning. However, the Barons did not back down and totaled 23 hits in order to beat the Cavaliers 24-18. Senior Abby Koeppel led the team with four hits and junior Grace Stevens pitched for the Barons only allowing 10 hits.

With such a big win, the Barons hoped to use the momentum to capture a win against a very good team in Richard Montgomery. The Barons’ bats continued to stay hot, scoring eight runs in the first three innings and never looking back. B-CC ended up winning the game 16-6 with junior Eliza Schreiber-Bradtke leading the team in hits with three. Junior Grace Stevens pitched a complete game and only allowed 13 hits. 

The hot streak for the Barons continued as they took care of business in their next game against Northwood at home. B-CC was in charge the whole game and ended up winning 14-4 in only five innings. Sophomore Koko Jenkins got the start for the Barons and only allowed three hits in the big win. 

With only two games left in the regular season, B-CC is ready to compete for a championship. “I’m probably most excited to play WJ this year after losing to them in the regional championship last year,” said Abby Koeppel. The Barons are looking to make another splash in this year’s playoffs, and with the hot streak they are on it would not be surprising if B-CC makes another run in the playoffs.