Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson.
Jude Wilkenfeld

Saturday, April 13th, the Barons won a slugfest against Damascus with a 19-10 final.  The offense was rolling all afternoon, Senior Adam Niman had four hits, including a home run, four RBI’s, and three runs, and was aided by home runs from Junior Trent Lopez, and Senior Pierce Tewksbury. Senior Andy Flynn, Niman, Tewksbury, and Lopez all totaled two stolen bases each.

On Tuesday, April 16th, the Barons crushed Churchill with a final score of 12-1.  Pierce Tewksbury threw a no hitter, throwing five innings of one run baseball with five strikeouts.  On offense, Junior Will Adkinson had a big day with three walks, three runs, and two RBIs on one hit.  The Barons put up more than two runs in each inning played, and the mercy rule came into play to end it in the 5th.

On Thursday, April 18th, the Barons won arguably their biggest game of the season, taking down the state champion favorites, Walter Johnson, 8-5.  The Barons came out swinging, and in the second inning broke loose with 6 runs to quickly make the lead big.  They added to that lead in the 4th inning with 2 clutch runs to make the lead 8-0.  The Barons lead for the whole afternoon, thanks largely to Junior Henry Eirchner, who threw 6.1 innings of 3 run baseball.  Adam Niman also collected the final out and the save, along with two hits and two RBI’s.  Will Adkinson collected 2 RBI’s.  This win over Walter Johnson put B-CC in serious talks for state title contention.

The Barons record now sits at 10-4, with 6 games left to play. On Saturday, April 20th, the boys will travel to Whitman for an even more amplified in-conference matchup in which they can avenge their loss to the Vikings from April 9th.  On Wednesday, April 24th, the Barons will play at home against Blair to finish out conference play.  Come out and support your Barons.