Corner Slice Closes

A popular B-CC lunch spot, The Corner Slice, located at 7901 Norfolk Avenue in Bethesda, is now up for sale.
The+end+of+a+Bethesda+institution++
Jude Wilkenfeld
The end of a Bethesda institution

A popular B-CC lunch spot, The Corner Slice, located at 7901 Norfolk Avenue in Bethesda, is now up for sale. The property, which is listed by AMR Commercial LLC of Bethesda, has an asking price of $1,000,000. Many will know The Corner Slice for their B-CC lunch special handing out 2 slices of cheese pizza and a bottled drink for $5. This has always been a great affordable option in walking distance for B-CC students. 

The restaurant has been closed for a few weeks now, with phone calls going unanswered since the start of the month. An official sign has now been put up stating that The Corner Slice is “out of business”. The Corner Slice was known for its delicious pizzas and was one of the local pizza places regularly described by customers as “the closest thing to NY”. The restaurant has been around since the early to mid-2000s. 

To ease the disappointment of its loyal customers, an additional sign has been put up on the window of The Corner Slice, suggesting that they go to Andy’s Pizza instead. According to the self-described “pizza guide” Rob, Andy’s Pizza is a “reliable and excellent alternative” to The Corner Slice. While it’s not clear when or if The Corner Slice will reopen, Andy’s Pizza is definitely worth checking out in the meantime.