Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Countywide Synergy Update

Montgomery County Public Schools (MCPS) has introduced updates to its Synergy platform, prompting the discontinuation of third-party grading services such as Grade Melon and Grade View. 
Jane Maginnis

Grade Mellon and Grade View are widely renowned for the convenience they provided students in adjusting their grades and calculating GPAs. The discontinuation of these apps has caused major disappointment among MCPS students. Junior Claire Richards shared, “I have used Grade Mellon almost every day to calculate and adjust my grades; the timing could not have been worse, considering all the grades are closing for the quarter .”

The discontinuation of these third-party grading services was caused by raised concerns regarding the integrity of Montgomery County’s grading system. By centralizing all grading processes within the Synergy platform, MCPS hopes to better monitor and protect the accuracy of student evaluations.

The Synergy updates will offer enhanced features to grading processes for teachers, from customizable grading rubrics to automated grade calculations, and educators will have access to resources designed to optimize their workflow. Furthermore, students will be provided with a standardized method for tracking their academic progress. Through personalized dashboards, students can easily monitor their grades, attendance records, and assignment deadlines. Additionally, these updates will facilitate more efficient communication between educators, students, and parents.

Math teacher, Dr. Sawhill, stated, “I believe that students should have access to as many resources as possible. However, exclusively using the Synergy platform for grading processes will ultimately benefit both teachers and students in our community.”