La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Book Sale Recap

Ranging from classics to contemporary titles, the Used Book Sale offered something for everyone, and over 50,000 books were sold.
Shoppers+at+the+2024+B-CC+Used+Book+Sale+
Shoppers at the 2024 B-CC Used Book Sale

Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School’s Parent-Teacher-Student Association (PTSA) hosted its annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10, attracting book lovers from the community. The event, organized by the dedicated members of the PTSA, proved to be a major success, not only in providing wonderful books to attendees but also by serving as the largest fundraiser for B-CC clubs and activities.

Throughout the sale, volunteers played a vital role in assisting attendees, sorting books and managing the flow of the event. Sophomore Simon Yilma explained, “We were there for a while helping, both before and during the event. I actually found it really rewarding.”

B-CC parent Lucila Del Aguila also volunteered for the Used Book Sale. “First of all, I love books. We moved into the Bethesda area approximately two years ago, and I heard great things about the Book Fair. [They have] great prices and really interesting finds in books,” she said. “My experience at helping out organizing the books was great. I was able to help my daughter’s school, and I found some good books just to browse when I was helping.”

Junior Koko Kashimoto attended the Book Fair as a customer. “It was good! I went with my family, and we all got the books we wanted. My dad found a book that’s not published anymore so he got it with $3. I think it costs like $80 to normally buy it,” she said. 

Ranging from classics to contemporary titles, the Used Book Sale offered something for everyone, and over 50,000 books were sold. Unsold books were donated to various organizations. In addition, the Book Sale provided an opportunity for Montgomery County students to earn Student Service Learning (SSL) hours. This year, the event distributed over 4,000 SSL hours.