Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

The Key to Success This Semester

While daydreaming about laying out in the sun with no worries, don’t let your work cause more unnecessary stress.
Katie Dorsey
Unlocking a successful semester depends on taking a few key steps.

Semester two is always the hardest. As we inch closer to summer, students find themselves grappling with fear and anticipation. Whether it is preparing to venture off to college and leaving one’s familiar hometown behind or navigating the complexities of the remaining weeks of the year, this phase demands attention. Add to that the remaining burnout from a challenging previous semester and impending exam stress, and it becomes a lot to handle.

Junior Aliya Hinton, who is in the IB program, swears by her trusty planner. When asked how she deals with procrastination and lack of motivation, “It’s important to have a specific day to do work. For me that’s Sundays.” Procrastination is something many people fall victim to, whether it is everyday or just occasionally, and once one gets into the habit of it, starting things on time becomes increasingly more difficult. When faced with an assignment, commit to at least ten minutes of focused work. Staying on top of a heavy workload will reduce stress tremendously and prevent last minute scrambling.

Navigating senior year can be stressful with all of the college planning required, but for this year’s juniors, getting a head start is vital. Senior Sofia Chalbaud said “Doing your essays and supplementals over the summer is going to save you so much time.” Most students struggle to have much free time with the amount of work they receive. Adding the demands of college applications on top of that can seem nearly impossible. Although everyone prefers summer to be work-free, starting early will pay off later.

Teachers are not here just to teach lectures, they are also helpful resources willing to support. Asking teachers for assistance is key to flourishing in class, as well as taking time to study material each night, or at least two times each week. When asked what she’s doing to prepare for upcoming AP exams, Junior Chloe Cohen said,“I’m planning on studying material from the past.” With AP exams approaching, revisiting material dating back to the beginning of the year will pay off. Regular review keeps concepts fresh and prevents memory gaps. Incorporating these strategies has the potential to result in a higher GPA.

Semester two does not need to be so overwhelming and stressful. Proactive planning, consistent effort, and utilizing available resources are key to thriving through the end of the year.