La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

Senior Night Success

The Barons celebrated their senior players before their last regular season home game on Feb. 13 in a joint ceremony with Girls Basketball.
Senior+Adam+Strong+Jacobson+prepares+to+take+a+free+throw+against+Churchill.+
Senior Adam Strong Jacobson prepares to take a free throw against Churchill.

The Barons celebrated their senior players before their last regular season home game on Feb. 13 in a joint ceremony with Girls Basketball. Boys Basketball has five seniors, and all five started the game together against the Winston Churchill Bulldogs. Senior Captain Nate Bromberger commented, “It was a very special night, and I am thankful for the loud crowd celebrating the seniors.”

The game started on the right foot, with the team jumping out to an early lead, continuing a theme from their past couple of games. The Barons went into halftime maintaining their lead. 

Coming out of the half, B-CC continued their dominance, but Churchill clawed back to make the fourth quarter competitive after a controversial full-court buzzer-beater to end the third quarter.

It was a very physical game, including Bromberger chipping his tooth in the fourth quarter after taking an elbow to the face, but the boys prevailed once again, winning 70-58. After the game, Bromberger said, “It doesn’t always look pretty, but a win is a win.”

This game completed the season sweep of Winston Churchill, and extended the team’s winning streak to four games.

Last week, Boys Basketball took on Thomas Wootton, a team they previously lost to at the beginning of January. They took the win at home, beating Wootton 65-56 and securing the regular season split. 

Looking ahead, the Barons face rivals Walt Whitman High School tonight, Feb. 16, at 7:15 p.m. at Whitman. The boys lost a close, back-and-forth game against them earlier in the year and are looking to spoil Whitman’s Senior Night.