The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Wrestling Regional Champs Eye State Duals

This week, Barons Wrestling competed against Walter Johnson and Whitman in the Battle of Bethesda, and in the Regional Tournament at Eleanor Roosevelt High School.
B-CC Parent
Baron Wrestling celebrates a win at Regionals

On Feb. 6 and Feb. 8, B-CC cemented their status as Regional Champs after participating in the Regional Tournament. On Tuesday, B-CC mashed Parkdale by a score of 78-6, with an astounding 13 pins, which saw the Barons through to the Semifinals. In the Semis, the team took on Blair, to whom they had previously lost in a Duals match. This time, B-CC avenged their defeat by winning 31-29. Pins from Senior Captain Seth Weaver, Junior Captain Nizhoni Deschene, and Freshman Kanik Deschene secured the victory. The win over Blair put B-CC into the Finals against Laurel High School. Barons brought down the hammer against their opponent, cementing their status as Regional Champions, winning by a score of 42-30. Six pins in the meet came from Weaver, Kanik Deschene, Senior Luke Smith, Junior Ethan Makle, Sophomore Felipe Jacome, and Senior Ronen Israel.

On Saturday, Feb. 3, B-CC played Walt Whitman High School and Walter Johnson High School at home. They managed to beat WJ by a score of 36-27 but unfortunately fell to Whitman 42-19. Over the course of the two matches, B-CC had five pins, with Weaver, Senior Israel, and Makle securing pins against WJ, and Nizhoni Deschene pinning against Whitman and WJ. “Securing a pin in a win against WJ [boosted] my confidence heading into Regionals. It show[ed] that I have the ability to dominate my opponents,” Makle said.

The Barons aren’t done yet, however, as the focus moves to tomorrow, Feb. 10, when B-CC will compete for the State Duals Championship.