The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Welcoming B-CC’s New Football Coach: Mr. Schwartzback

Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School welcomed former Varsity Head Coach of Wheaton High School, Matt Schwartzback, to take the helm of the Barons Varsity Football Team for the 2024 season.
@coach_schwartzback
Coach Schwartzback will take the helm as Varsity Head Coach for Barons football.

Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School welcomed former Varsity Head Coach of Wheaton High School, Matt Schwartzback to take the helm of the Barons Varsity Football Team for the 2024 season. Coach Schwartzback, already familiar with B-CC football players, has an impressive background coaching other MCPS football teams. This fall, Coach Schwartzback improved Wheaton’s football team record, from being winless to earning three wins in just one year. He also had a very successful career at Richard Montgomery as coach of the Junior Varsity Team. 

Coach Schwartzback has some big shoes to fill as departing Head Coach Ben Minturn was extremely successful in his six seasons with the Barons. Athletic Director, Mike Krawcel, said, “Minturn did a fantastic job, and we were hoping he would ride it out to the end. He started with 20 players, ended up with 100, and built the program into what it is now.” In November, Coach Minturn helped the Barons to the school’s first home playoff game in 25 years with a win against Wheaton and led them to an impressive 24-7 upset win on the road against Paint Branch High School. As such, Coach Schwartzback is inheriting a winning team that ended their year playing in the 4A State quarterfinals.

There was an interest meeting held on Feb. 1 for the upcoming 2024 team. Returning Jnior John Dale hopes the team builds on their success from the 2023 season. He said, “It is a great opportunity, and we have big expectations for next year.”