The Superbowl was full of surprises
Barons Review the Super Bowl
February 23, 2024

Some say it was rigged. Others argue the game was won fair and square. A few have gone as far as to say that Usher's was the worst Halftime Show...

B-CC wrestlers move to regionals
B-CC Wrestling Takes On The Post Season
February 23, 2024

Twelve members of the B-CC Wrestling team qualified for the Individual Regional Championships after competing in the Individual County Championships...

Sephora Kids have become a menace to retail employees.
Is Social Media Depriving Us of Our Childhood?
February 23, 2024

The pandemic was hard on all of us, and recently, the lasting effects of a year in quarantine are becoming apparent, one of them being the infamous...

Senior Nate Bromberger looks for an opening in a game against Churchill.
Basketball in County Championship Tonight, Feb. 23
February 23, 2024

The top two teams in the county play in the County Championship and this year, both the B-CC Girls and Boys Varsity Basketball teams will compete....

The 2023 B- CC used book sale
Used Book Sale
February 23, 2024

B-CC's PTSA will hold their annual Used Book Sale on March 9 and 10 from 9a.m. to 3p.m. The sale, run by the PTSA, is B-CC’s biggest annual...

Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
Barons Advance to State Quarterfinals
February 23, 2024

Barons Ice Hockey defeated South River High School in the third round of the playoffs on Tuesday, Feb. 20, at the Gardens Ice House. B-CC got...

Color Wheels created during art class by Barons and their buddies
Best Buddies Travel to Stephen Knolls School
February 23, 2024

On Wednesday, Feb. 21, the B-CC chapter of Best Buddies made a trip to Silver Spring to hang out and engage in bonding activities with their...

Season Opening Win for Boys Basketball

Barons breezed by Rockville High School this past Tuesday, Dec. 5, opening the season with a convincing score of 81-39. 
@bcchoops on Instagram
The Boys Basketball team celebrate their impressive, season-opening win.

The boys started out hot and never slowed down, putting up 25 points in each of the first two quarters in the first half. 

The Barons locked down defensively after halftime, holding the Rockets to seven points in the third quarter and keeping them scoreless in the 4th quarter. The Barons shot an impressive 52% from the field, including 50% from beyond the arc.

Senior Zamir Brown led all players in scoring with 18 points. Junior Lucas Allen scored 14 points on 71% shooting. 

After losing the first two games of the season last year, the Barons are happy to have secured a win in their first game. Brown said, “Going out there, our mindset was to handle business and not take [Rockville players] lightly. Last year, we took…teams like Rockville…for granted, thinking it was going to be an easy win. It was a great showing for us. We have been working extremely hard for the past couple of months, and it showed.”

The boys travel away to take on Poolesville High School tonight, Friday, Dec. 8. Next week, they have three games; Monday, Dec. 11 the Barons take on Seneca Valley High School at home, Wednesday, Dec. 13, they are home again against Richard Montgomery High School, and next Friday, Dec. 15, they hit the road to take on Springbrook High School.