La falta de comprension: Ignorar las necesidades y acomodaciones de los estudiantes

Incluso considerando las acomodaciones adecuadas implementadas para los estudiantes, uno debe preguntarse si estos estudiantes realmente han...

Luana Turcco in action
B-CC Welcomes International Handball Star

Handball, a team sport where two teams of typically seven players use their hands to pass a ball aiming to throw it into the goal on the opposite...

The documentary that exposed the dark side of Nickelodeon
The Dark Truth Behind the TV Screen

As children, we’re prone to laugh at seemingly insignificant jokes, but as we grow older the dark not-so-humorous truth behind said jokes unravels...

B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors
B-CC Decisions: Stressing out Seniors

It’s 8 am on a Monday morning in April and you open Instagram for the first time. Three new college decisions have been released on the B-CC...

Sophomore Koko Jenkin pitching against WJ
Barons Softball Hit Mid Season Struggles

After a dominating win in the Battle of Bethesda, B-CC traveled to Churchill to play a talented Bulldogs squad. The Barons jumped out to an early...

Huge Week for Barons Baseball
Huge Week for Barons Baseball

This week, B-CC Varsity Baseball won two blowout games against Damascus and Churchill, and won a huge game against Walter Johnson. Saturday,...

One size fits all can be a harmful business model
One Size Fits None

“One size fits all,” but does it really? The most logical answer is no. However, companies still label their clothes with this kind of sizing,...

B-CC Students Reportedly Arrested In An Ongoing Carjacking Case

B-CC was placed in lockdown on Monday, Nov. 13, at 2:20 p.m., due to local police activity. Reportedly, the police activity was related to a string of recent carjackings in Bethesda, Silver Spring, and other parts of Montgomery County. Thirteen area teenagers were placed under arrest as suspects. According to reports by local news outlets, five of those arrested for their alleged involvement are B-CC students, including one adult and four minors. The 18-year-old student was charged with armed carjacking and motor vehicle theft and is being held without bond. The other 4 students in the car were under 18 and released into the custody of their parents.

According to NBC News, the victim of one carjacking was delivering for DoorDash at an apartment complex in the Wheaton area when 5 teenagers with hoods up surrounded her. One put the barrel of the gun in her mouth. The stolen black Nissan from that incident was recovered two weeks after the original carjacking, when police spotted it, along with another carjacked vehicle, a Honda Accord, in Silver Spring.  After police pursuit of the Nissan, it crashed into a tree. When its five occupants tried to flee, they were placed under arrest. Two black BB guns and a knife were found inside the vehicle. 

Later, the stolen Honda Accord was located near B-CC around 2 p.m. on Monday. Several suspects fled the car, when police approached the vehicle. Police placed a 15-year-old girl under arrest and searched for the additional suspects, as B-CC temporarily locked down.

This is a developing story and will be updated with more information, as it becomes available.