Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Barons Upset Paint Branch 24-7 to Earn Spot in State Quarterfinals

B-CC football knocked out Paint Branch on Friday, Nov. 10, winning a 24-7 dominant victory and sending the Barons to the 4A state quarterfinals.
Barons ruled the scoreboard against Paint Branch High School.
Tom Cicotello

B-CC was set for a highly anticipated rematch with a strong Paint Branch team, one that had beaten the Barons in the regular season only two weeks before. Although Paint Branch was favored, the Barons came out and dominated.  The game was a close defensive one for seemingly all of the first half as no points were scored until the waning minutes of the second quarter when Senior Carson Griffey tossed a 15-yard touchdown to Junior John Dale.  In the third quarter, the Barons extended their lead off Sophomore Gabe Eisler’s 40-yard rushing touchdown making the score 14-0.  Paint Branch then put up a touchdown, but Grady Kugel knocked in a 28-yard field goal a few minutes later to make it a two-score game once again.  From there, all the Panthers of Paint Branch could do was watch as Senior Nelson Smith ran in a touchdown to ice the game in the 4th, and deliver the final score: 24-7.

Defensively, the Barons were ready to go, anchored by Smith and fellow Senior Seth Weaver as middle linebackers; the Barons recorded 53 tackles by 13 different players.  One of those tackles was a sack for Senior Khari Rodgers.

Following the win, Weaver said, “We have talked a lot this year about making a mark on the program and what we want to accomplish, and I think winning a second-round playoff game is a great way to have done that. Looking ahead to Friday, we are playing against another team we have played before. We had a lead against them at halftime, but we let up in the second half and ended up losing. I think our preparation this week is gonna be about minimizing mistakes and playing a full four quarters of football.”

The quest for a state championship will continue next week as the Barons travel to Churchill in a high-stakes rivalry game that will rematch the second week of the regular season, one the Barons dropped 28-7. They are slated to begin State playoffs next week, as one of the eight 4A Maryland teams remaining. The Barons have had a historic season, realizing two playoff wins for the first time in nearly 40 years. Don’t miss tonight’s historic matchup. Show up, and show out at Churchill tonight, Nov. 17 at 6:30 p.m.