Clothing Drive Underway
Clothing Drive Underway

Starting April 22 through May 3, students are running a clothing drive, sponsored by Ms. Charles. They are collecting both old and new clothing...

Team member throws ball
Mixed Results for Softball

Following a rough week, the B-CC softball team looked to bounce back against the Northwest Jaguars. The Barons traveled to Northwest and jumped...

Senior Hewitt Grissom flies through the air during a track and field meet at B-CC.
Track and Field Succeeds

Girls Track and Field earned exceptional results last Saturday, April 20, at the Trojan Invitational at Gaithersburg High School. Approximately...

The cast of The Prom sings Intolerance Song during a rehearsal before the show.
Spring Musical Takes The Stage

Student performers took to the stage in The Prom on April 18-20. The Prom followed four self-obsessed Broadway actors, who set out to help...

Snowed in
Letter to the Editor: Still Snowed In

Hey. I don’t know if you’re even gonna get this, but I don’t have much power left, and The Tattler didn’t respond to my email. My name...

Girls Lacrosse Nears the End of the Regular Season

The Barons went 2-1 this past week and are looking to close out the season strong as playoffs are right around the corner.  Last Friday,...

Junior Ivy Mcconarty serves against whitman at singles 1.
Girls Tennis Updates

Girls Tennis continued their season this week with matches at home vs Walt Whitman High School and away against Montgomery Blair High School. On...

Movie Review: Five Nights at Freddy’s

The Five Nights at Freddy’s movie, released last Friday, was definitely a movie
Five Nights at Friday’s might be the scariest movie of the year.

The Five Nights at Freddy’s movie, released last Friday, was definitely a movie. The much anticipated theatrical release of the hit horror franchise quickly became the 22nd highest-grossing video game movie of all time, with $130,578,000 in sales and counting. Fans poured into the theaters wearing cosplay and shouting references to the games, creating a uniquely interactive atmosphere that would be impossible to replicate.

The movie starred Josh Hutcherson, known for his role as Peeta in The Hunger Games, as the film’s main protagonist, Mike Schmidt. As Freddy Fazbear’s Pizza’s newest security guard, his duties seemed easier said than done. The movie also features Elizabeth Lail as mysterious police officer Vanessa and Matthew Lillard as Steve Raglan. Fans may remember Lillard as Shaggy from the live-action Scooby-Doo franchise and Stu Macher from Scream, while Lail played Beck in Season 1 of You

The long-awaited release of Five Nights at Freddy’s was a relief for many fans. Development started in 2015, but the movie shifted studios from Warner Bros. to Blumhouse Productions.  The main cast was confirmed in December 2022, while other cast additions were signed in March 2023. Filming began in February 2023 in New Orleans and ended that April. 

The plot was not as scary as the trailers implied and seemed all over the place, from the animatronics creating a pillow fort with Abby, Vanessa, and Mike to someone getting chomped in half. There was a clear problem that had to be solved, but the inconsistent tone lowered the rating for us. The cinematography was nothing too special, as it was neither particularly bad nor good. The characters ranged from versatile with Mike to annoying with Abby, his little sister. 

Featuring cameos from the likes of MatPat of Game Theory and Cory Kenshin of CoryxKenshin, all that was left was Markiplier. Markiplier was scheduled for a cameo as the security guard at the beginning of the movie, but scheduling conflicts led to him being cut or dropping out. 

We give the movie a 7 out of 10 Faz-Stars overall. “That was the best cinematic experience of my life!”a little boy sitting behind Kristine in the audience yelled at the end of the movie. Whether you agree or not with him is not up to us to decide — stream the movie on Peacock, or even better, head to a movie theater to experience it yourself. 

Categories: 

6/10 – Characters

3/10 – Plot/Horror Aspect 

5/10 – Cinematography

6/10 – Attraction 

0/10 – Objective Audience

10/10 Subjective Audience