El arte de Aitana Gaudenzi en la exposición de arte B-CC
Una artista destacada: Aitana Gaudenzi

Durante la semana del 19 de abril y 29 de abril, B-CC presentó una galería de arte, una presentación de las obras que crearon los estudiantes...

B-CC Recieves Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way

On Wednesday, B-CC received the 2023-2024 PLTW Distinguished School Award from Project Lead the Way (PLTW), a national recognition of student...

B-CC after prom will be filled with games and prizes
B-CC PTSA Revives After Prom

As prom approaches with much anticipation, many seniors look forward to attending the newly revived After Prom. Sponsored by the PTSA, and organized...

Senior Skye Khademi returns a serve against Whitman at singles 3.
Girls' Tennis Week Three Recap

The B-CC girls' tennis team continued their season this week with matches at home versus Walt Whitman and away against Montgomery Blair. On...

Barons Softball Beats Kennedy, Richard Montgomery, and Northwood High School

After a tough stretch for B-CC, the Barons traveled to John F Kennedy High School in hopes of defeating the Cavaliers. It was a shaky start for...

Schedule for the week of May 6th to May 10th
MCAP Testing Set to Take Place Next Week

The Maryland Comprehensive Assessment Program (MCAP) is set to take place at Bethesda-Chevy Chase High School during the week of May 6th to May...

B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024
B-CC Model U.N. Wins Big at GCDC 2024

On Monday, April 29, four delegations from B-CC Model United Nations attended the Global Classrooms D.C. Model United Nations conference. The...

JSU Bake Sale

On Sunday, October 22nd, the B-CC Jewish Student Union (JSU) organized a bake sale in Downtown Bethesda Row to raise funds for humanitarian aid in Israel.
Members of the JSU and adult volunteers sell baked goods to raise funds in order to benefit Israeli civilians.
Dina Rochkind

On Sunday, Oct. 22, the B-CC Jewish Student Union (JSU) organized a bake sale in downtown Bethesda Row to raise funds for humanitarian aid in Israel. The event drew in over 40 volunteers from eight different Montgomery County Public Schools. 

Darci Rochkind, President of the B-CC JSU, worked closely with the Jewish National Fund (JNF) while organizing this event. “All of our funds are going to the JNF which serves humanitarian civilian purposes. Our funds are going to evacuate Israeli citizens from the South of Israel to the North of Israel. They are also giving packages to wounded civilians,” said Rockhind. 

B-CC’s JSU advertised widely, including updates on their Instagram page and a press release that gained media attention from news outlets like MOCO360 and Fox 5. 

The bake sale attracted a diverse crowd, including parents, students, county council members, and school administrators. 

The event extended beyond the school community. Debra Schoenfeld, attended the bake sale and said, “My kids don’t even go to MCPS schools, but I heard about this through social media and wanted to come to support the cause.” 

Dr. Mooney, B-CC’s principal, attended the event as well. “My main purpose in showing up today was to show our students that I support them and I understand that they feel pain and anxiety. I want them to understand that the adults in the school part of their life support them in that,” said Dr. Mooney. 

One key contributor to this event was the Jewish Community Relations Council (JCRC), which closely collaborates with Jewish high school students in Montgomery County. Guila Franklin Siegel, Associate Director of the JCRC, commented, “We donated $250 worth of goods for the sale and even provided security for this event, so everyone could feel comfortable coming out.“ 

The bake sale raised more than $5000 in donations.